[VIM] vendor dispute: VCS

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Fri Mar 10 07:30:19 EST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: VCS Service
To: moderators at osvdb.org
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 22:32:05 -0600
Subject: [OSVDB Mods] FW: SQL Injection Vulnerability

Moderators,

You posted a vulnerability on your site here with our application:
http://www.osvdb.org/displayvuln.php?osvdb_id=23479&print

I responded to the original posted weeks ago and never heard back (see my
message below).  We have explained that this vulnerability has been tested
and designed against.  We would be very interested in seeing any proof that
this can be accomplished as has been stated.

As developers I am not egotistical enough to say that it is outside the
realm of possibility, it is just that without proof this is no more then an
accusation.  We have made significant efforts to protect against this type
of vulnerability and your post is harmful to our company's reputation so we
must ask that you (or the submitter) prove that this is possible with proof
or remove this hurtful innuendo to our reputation.

Best Regards,

Nick Matteucci

VCS = Simple + Sensible + Supportable
Web-Based Project Management Software