[VIM] StaticStore XSS - Vendor disputes, but I dispute the dispute

Stuart Moore smoore at securityglobal.net
Sat Dec 17 20:39:53 EST 2005

Steve,

It seems that the vendor may have fixed at least part of their demo
site.  But the search script that is part of the administrative
interface demo is still vulnerable:

http://www.staticstore.com/cgi-bin/demo/admin/admin11.cgi?keywords="><script>alert(String.fromCharCode(88,83,83))</script>

The code escapes the single quote character, so some minor trickiness is
required.

I wouldn't ordinarily have wasted my time on this, but references to
attorneys are usually a sure sign of problems in the code and are
annoying for sure.

Stuart

--
Stuart Moore