[VIM] Legal Threats to Take Down Vulnerability Entries

Marc Ruef maru at scip.ch
Fri Aug 7 03:21:42 CDT 2015

Dear participants,

Once in a while we receive legal threats by vendors, pr companies and lawyers to take down vulnerability entries published in our public database. The reasons are usually:

* They don't like bad publicity
* They think mentioning their product is a copyright issue (sic!)

The disputed entries are usually not only available at our database. Other vulnerability databases and ressources (news, mailinglists, bugtracking system) are usually mentioning the issues too.

How do you react regarding such kind of inquiries?

Regards,

Marc

Marc Ruef | maru at scip.ch
scip AG | Badenerstrasse 623 | 8048 Zurich
T +41 44 404 13 13 | F +41 44 404 13 14