[VIM] OPTIMA PLC Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities

venkat venkat_kantha at securityfocus.com
Mon Oct 1 17:17:50 CDT 2012

Hey George,

Both BIDs are covering similar issues, however we couldn't conclude that
both are exactly same issues.

BID 50658 was written for this CERT advisory:
http://www.us-cert.gov/control_systems/pdf/ICS-ALERT-11-332-03.pdf and
BID 55712 for this advisory:
http://www.us-cert.gov/control_systems/pdf/ICSA-12-271-02.pdf. If both
these advisories were discussing about the same vulnerabilities, then
ideally they should get the 2011 CVEs as these vulnerabilities were
first disclosed in 2011, which is not the case.

Maybe someone from CERT can clear this confusion better.

Thanks
Venkat