[VIM] Why the censorship? (was re: Inquira: Multiple Vulnerabilities)

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Sun Aug 30 07:56:10 UTC 2009

Hi Neohapsis,

The mail to Full-disclosure on Mar 20, 2009 has been edited on the
archives of Neohapsis:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/fulldisclosure/2009-03/0326.html

Every occurrence of "Inquira" has been redacted. Since the original
disclosure suggests the vendor was contacted, and chose not to reply, it
is curious that their name would be removed from your archive.

Could you explain why, or at the very least share what I suspect was a C&D
style letter demanding their name be removed?

I ask because other archives do not redact their name for whatever reason:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2009/Mar/0300.html
http://marc.info/?l=full-disclosure&m=123753854425289&w=2
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk/11725824.html
[..]