[VIM] SourceForge kills Changelog URLs

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Sat Aug 29 23:54:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009, Steven M. Christey wrote:

: Looks like SourceForge's facelift has gone and killed a whole bunch of
: URLs that CVE uses for pointing to changelogs.  They serve up blank
: pages. Hooray!

Did you just notice this today? I have been using some changelogs on
there earlier this week (looking at new ones, not referencing old ones)

: CVE-2009-2368
: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=695068
:
: CVE-2009-2343
: http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=694128
:
: CVE has approximately 824 URLs that point to shownotes.php.  Can anybody
: beat us?

OSVDB has 1,410 =) Product of me spending too much time reading
changelogs.

: (maybe it's not the great Bugtraq whiteout of 2001-2003 but it's still
: incredibly inconvenient)

The white page is odd. Seems it would give a 404 if really gone. Wonder
if this is a temporary error. Anyone know a SF admin type that could
potentially answer?

.b