[VIM] The next IBM DB2 mess...

George A. Theall theall at tenablesecurity.com
Fri Sep 26 02:13:20 UTC 2008

On Sep 22, 2008, at 11:38 PM, security curmudgeon wrote:

> Trying to track down and do the x-ref mess.

What I find confusing is that there are many cases in which the text
within the APAR itself says it's been fixed in a particular version,
but if you then look in the overall list of APARs by Fix Pack, you
find it in a different version. Or not at all.

> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IZ12379
> First fixed in DB2 UDB Version 9.1, FixPak 4a

Case in point. Text says 4a, but the list of APARs by Fix Pack lists
it under 5.

> OSVDB 48146 / CVE-NO-MATCH ?
>
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IZ22190
> Problem was fixed in Version 9.5 Fix Pack 2

I don't see it included in the 9.5 list of APARs by Fix Pack.

> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IZ22004
> Problem was first fixed in Version 8.2 Fix Pack 16

While that's what the APAR says, the dates it lists are more in line
with Fix Pack 17 (Fix Pack 16 came out in February 2008, 17 in
September 2008, and the issue was apparently submitted May 2008). In
addition, the APAR itself is listed under Fix Pack 17 on the list of
Version 8 list of APARS by Fix Pack.

> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IZ22188
> Problem was fixed in Version 9.1 Fix Pack 5

It's not in the 9.1 list of APARs by Fix Pack.

George
theall at tenablesecurity.com