[VIM] Moodle <= 1.8.4 Remote Code Execution Exploit

George A. Theall theall at tenablesecurity.com
Fri Sep 5 16:37:15 UTC 2008

FYI, while looking into milw0rm 6356, I notice the underlying issue is
in the KSES library it uses. The project addressed the issue earlier
this year; eg,

   http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=95031
   http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/lib/kses.php?r1=1.3.2.2&r2=1.3.2.3

SecurityFocus created BID 30995 for the issues covered by milw0rm
6356, yet they also have BID 28599, which covers the code execution
issue in KSES as well as a couple of other issues, so 30995 would seem
to be a dup.

I only see one CVE associated with the earlier BID: CVE-2008-1502,
which refers only to XSS attacks. Steve, if there another for the code
execution the earlier BID notes?

George
theall at tenablesecurity.com