[VIM] slew of AIX APARs of interest (batch 2)

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Tue Mar 25 07:50:59 UTC 2008

While frolicking through the IBM APAR slag, I ran across a lot of entries
that may be vulnerabilities and worthy of inclusion in VDBs. Due to the
details being a bit vague, i'm not entirely sure which are
vulnerabilities, which can be abused from user land privileges, etc. So,
here they are for consideration and discussion. I'm including the URL,
date reported and OSVDB-ish titles.

IBM AIX devices.chrp.IBM.lhea.rte hea_config() / hea_async_kproc() NULL Dereference DoS
2007-05-02
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98076

IBM AIX v_pdtfreescb
2007-05-02
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98084

IBM AIX cpupstat
2007-05-11
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98482

IBM AIX v_scan_compute_weights
2007-05-11
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98483

IBM AIX DMAPI-enabled Application DoS
2007-05-11
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98485

IBM AIX dbx
2007-05-11
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98510

IBM AIX bos.net.nfs.client unget_context
2007-05-17
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98707

IBM AIX bad_vnode_bad_caller
2007-05-17
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98728

IBM AIX bos.pmapi.pmsvcs accumulate_context() Race Condition DoS
2007-05-17
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY98733