[VIM] RFI BotNet and phpBB 0-day?

Noam Rathaus noamr at beyondsecurity.com
Thu Mar 20 18:31:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I wrote a while ago a perl script that goes through the apache logs and
captures anything that looks like an RFI attack.

Problem is as you guys mentioned that:
1) Some RFI aren't RFI, they are people that mistype URLs, or double-paste
URLs, etc
2) Some RFI attacks are not viable - rather people testing things out ... like
you probably try SQL inject any site that has a nice number in the URL :)
3) Some RFI attacks are so automated that they will try to attack you even if
you don't have anything installed on your computer

If anyone wants this script I can send it over and he can look at the effort I
did.

(BTW: The perl also sorts and returns unique RFI attacks - in order to
minimize the 100k+ RFI our site sees every month)

--
Noam Rathaus
CTO
noamr at beyondsecurity.com
http://www.beyondsecurity.com

"Know that you are safe."

Beyond Security Finalist for the "Red Herring 100 Global" Awards 2007