[VIM] CVE-2007-5944 vs CVE-2006-3918

George A. Theall theall at tenablesecurity.com
Wed Nov 21 02:54:55 UTC 2007

On 11/20/07 19:34, Steven M. Christey wrote:

> These do look pretty similar.  So, the only question is whether WebSphere
> Web Application server is built on top of Apache or not - my sense is that
> it isn't (except maybe a community edition),

I have a copy of WebSphere Application Server v5.1 installed on Windows.
  It uses opens up several web servers by default, none of which use
Apache. Server response headers are:

   Server: WebSphere Application Server/5.1

and all correspond to processes running java.

So, since it's not Apache, I take it you'll keep the CVEs separate?

George
theall at tenablesecurity.com