[VIM] uh-oh - MARC

Steve Tornio steve at vitriol.net
Wed Mar 21 18:26:37 UTC 2007

Steven M. Christey wrote:
> Uh-oh, my URL's to marc.theaimsgroup.com are being forwarded to
> marc.info/.  And the background is white, too.  At least the URL's
> seem to be preserved across the redirects.
> - Steve
 From their news page:

The name trasition to marc.info has kicked in. All old links to
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/foo will still work, but will result in a
301 redirect to the new corresponding URL. Wherever possible/convenient,
please update your links in documentation, support web pages, etc to
point to the new name. But, old links will continue to work indefinitely.

MARC is changing domain names! The site will soon switch to being
marc.info, instead of marc.theaimsgroup.com. Links to the old URLs will
still work, for the Internet definition of forever; they'll just get
Several reasons for this. First, it's shorter, and I am a huge fan of
short URLs. Second, The AIMS Group, the company that originally[*]
sponsored MARC, ceased to exist a long time ago. The same people have
been 10 East for years now, and have continued co-hosting MARC, but the
old name, marc.theaimsgroup.com was already embedded in all kinds of
project documentation, etc, so I was reluctant to change it. But it is
time for MARC to be established as its own entity.
[*] Actually, the first sponsor was Progressive Computer Concepts, which
was the company name in the mid-90's before they became AIMS.