[VIM] uh-oh - MARC

Steve Tornio steve at vitriol.net
Wed Mar 21 18:26:37 UTC 2007

Steven M. Christey wrote:
> Uh-oh, my URL's to marc.theaimsgroup.com are being forwarded to
> marc.info/.  And the background is white, too.  At least the URL's
> seem to be preserved across the redirects.
>
> - Steve

 From their news page:

2007-03-18
The name trasition to marc.info has kicked in. All old links to
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/foo will still work, but will result in a
301 redirect to the new corresponding URL. Wherever possible/convenient,
please update your links in documentation, support web pages, etc to
point to the new name. But, old links will continue to work indefinitely.

[...]

2007-03-08
MARC is changing domain names! The site will soon switch to being
marc.info, instead of marc.theaimsgroup.com. Links to the old URLs will
still work, for the Internet definition of forever; they'll just get
redirected.
Several reasons for this. First, it's shorter, and I am a huge fan of
short URLs. Second, The AIMS Group, the company that originally[*]
sponsored MARC, ceased to exist a long time ago. The same people have
been 10 East for years now, and have continued co-hosting MARC, but the
old name, marc.theaimsgroup.com was already embedded in all kinds of
project documentation, etc, so I was reluctant to change it. But it is
time for MARC to be established as its own entity.
[*] Actually, the first sponsor was Progressive Computer Concepts, which
was the company name in the mid-90's before they became AIMS.

http://marc.info/?q=news