[VIM] Sun JDK Confusion Revisited
jkouns at opensecurityfoundation.org
Sat Dec 15 04:09:43 UTC 2007
OSVDB 2.0 should be live in a couple hours if everything goes well!
The new system is actually a complete rewrite....
• Faster interface for mangling and updating vulnerabilities
• Fully integrated portal that allows wiki style updates & editing for
• Watch list functionality for custom alerting
• Improved vendor dictionary, including new search functionality
• Revamped classification system
Some things to consider if you are currently integrating with OSVDB:
• The current XML dump will be available for several months
• You will need to create an OSVDB account to download the database
• The new database exports will include all vulnerabilities, not just
• XML schema changes are coming
George A. Theall wrote:
> I posted last July about Bugtraq 24267 / CVE-2007-3004 (and
> CVE-2007-3005) duplicating Bugtraq 24004 / CVE-2007-2788 and
> CVE-2007-2789. Sun apparently confirm this:
> SecurityFocus retired Bugtraq 24267, but the CVE references still are
> valid. Did the clean-up get lost in the shuffle or was there some new
> info that Sun sent and I just missed?
> P.S. When's OSVDB^2 going to be ready? What changes can we expect, Jericho?
More information about the VIM