[VIM] False: Joomla/Mambo Jambook v1.0 beta7 Rfi Vuln.

George A. Theall theall at tenablesecurity.com
Tue Apr 17 02:04:30 UTC 2007

Bugtraq 23509 looks false. It concerns a remote file include flaw in a
third-party component for Mambo / Joomla called Jambook. I installed 1.0
beta7, which crazy_king claims is affected. Here's the code in

   if ( !defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) && !defined('_JEXEC') ) die( 'Direct
Access to this location is not allowed.' );

   global $option, $Itemid;

   //Get right Language file
   if ( file_exists(
) ) {
   } else {

   // Read configuration file

   // Read a file containing the jxTemplate class

   // Read frontend html classes
   require_once( $mainframe->getPath( 'front_html' ) );

   // Read database class information
   require_once( $mainframe->getPath( 'class' ) );

   // Read a file with common functions

   // Read a file with the CAPTCHA class

Clearly, this file can't be called directly, so this advisory is bogus.
I wonder, though, why crazy_king felt the need to skip the first couple
of similar function calls and alert us to the require_once() later on.
Perhaps we'll be treated with similar warnings from him in the future...

theall at tenablesecurity.com