[VIM] Red Hat dispute of Firefox IE-style script handler issue

Matthew Murphy mattmurphy at kc.rr.com
Thu Mar 23 21:34:12 EST 2006

Steven M. Christey wrote:
> Looks like CVE was the only RVI that decided to create something out
> of a followup to the MSIE script handler problem that mentioned
> Firefox, but word just came down from Red Hat that it looks like an
> IE-specific component in Mozilla.  I don't have enough information to
> concur with either party, although currently available information
> suggests concurrence with the vendor.  If so, then I would merge with
> IE's CVE-2006-1245.

I concur with Red Hat.  Firefox 1.5 on XP SP2 survives the page (as does
Firefox 1.0 on Windows Server 2003 RTM).  Of note, however, is that
viewing the same page in Firefox with IETab installed and choosing "View
Page in IE Tab" results in crashes due to memory access violations in
both browsers.

- --
"Social Darwinism: Try to make something idiot-proof,
nature will provide you with a better idiot."

                                -- Michael Holstein

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)
Comment: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB5444D38