[VIM] Jetbox CMS file include - CVE dispute

Heinbockel, Bill heinbockel at mitre.org
Wed Aug 30 08:50:55 EDT 2006

Yes, this is what I saw... PHP will accept some seemingly weird stuff.
In this case the code was similar to:

<?php function foo($relative_script_path='.') { ?>
... some HTML and php ...
<?php include $relative_script_path/file.php ?>
... some more HTML ...
<?php }  // <-- end of function foo() ?>

I think that Steve missed this fact, especially not evident since
the "function" is 400+ lines long and the include is burried in the
center of it all.

BTW, this is CVE-2006-4422.