[VIM] Sendmail vendor dispute - CVE-2006-4434 (fwd)

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Tue Aug 29 16:20:43 EDT 2006

FYI, forwarded with approval.  Given this info, I'd say that CVE concurs -
at least until the researchers figure out how to reliably exploit
"use-after-free" bugs (which BTW is going to be CVE/CWE are going to call
these bugs).

I gave the standard response to the criticism in the last paragraph, with
the observation that we vdb's had reported it because OpenBSD did.

- Steve