[VIM] Leadhound has distributable version

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Wed Apr 26 16:53:09 EDT 2006

:   http://pridels.blogspot.com/2006/04/leadhound-multiple-vuln.html
:
: At first (and second) glance, the product seems to be managed
: exclusively by the vendor.  However, the vendor's home page at
: http://www.leadhound.com/ includes information on:
:
:   Network Version - Your Hardware
:
:   The Network Version "Full Version" is the full source code of the
:   system which is managed and run from your server hardware
:
: While this was not referenced in the original r0t advisory, it seems
: likely to be affected as well.

Yep, this is in my queue to make entries for. My first thought was site
specific but I started reading the fine print. They offer a managed
version on their servers as well as a copy you can install on your own.

The managed version on their servers really blurs the line on inclusion
in the database or labeling it site specific.