[VIM] Old Cisco vulnerability question.. (fwd)

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Thu Jul 7 18:19:11 EDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: security curmudgeon <jericho at attrition.org>
To: tac at cisco.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:06:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Old Cisco vulnerability question..

I'm digging into some old vulnerabilities and ran across an old Cisco
issue (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/2.html) dated Jun 1 16:27:08
PDT 1995. Looking back through the CERT advisories, I found one
(http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-1992-20.html) that appears to cover the
same issue, but dated December 10, 1992.

The obvious difference here is the versions affected (10.0 - 10.3 on the
Cisco advisory and 8.3 - 9.1 on the CERT advisory). Is this the same
vulnerability that got re-introduced to the code base, or are there subtle
differences that make these different vulnerabilities?

Thanks for any help you can provide!