[VIM] [Fwd: Speartek XSS vuln.]

jkouns jkouns at opensecurityfoundation.org
Sat Dec 31 01:13:49 EST 2005

I was just looking at OSVDB 22068: Speartek Search Module XSS

          CVE ID:  2005-4493
      Bugtraq ID:  16018
FrSIRT Advisory:  ADV-2005-3052

I was trying to figure out which one of the applications or demos he
found this XSS in:
http://www.speartek.com/content/521.htm

While looking around I saw the Search Module on the site:
http://www.speartek.com/Content/453.htm

It appears that this is a site specific vuln on the website and not a
vuln in the "Speartek" product or one of the other products....

I then did a quick search in OSVDB on "Search Module XSS".... and it
looks like almost all of them that do not have specific script
information may actually be site specific vulns and not vulns in
products...  even though he lists version numbers.

We have a policy at OSVDB that we do not add site specific vulns... so I
would like to determine if these are real vulns in products or just r0t
finding XSS vulns on company websites.

Thoughts?
--Jake