[VIM] VMware vendor advisory page

Stuart Moore smoore at securityglobal.net
Thu Dec 29 02:04:40 EST 2005

The wording does sound like XSS because of the "in the browser" part.

VMware uses the same lousy knowledge base system as APC.  It doesn't
make the date of the entry really obvious, but after looking at the
URLs, I noticed there is a parameter in the URL called 'p_created' which
has a UNIX timestamp value.  It doesn't look like it is the publish
date, but maybe there is typically a delay between entry creation and
publishing.  I'm not familiar with the KB system they use.

Stuart