[VIM] Re: IMOEL CMS Sql password discovery (fwd)

Matthew Murphy mattmurphy at kc.rr.com
Tue Dec 13 23:50:03 EST 2005

Steven M. Christey wrote:
> [...]

The only case where that is an issue is if the file is disclosed in its
entirety.  The executed file will not reveal the password.  At best, it
is a weakness, and not an independent vulnerability.  I'd classify it as
a non-issue, because the APIs for authenticating to mysql DBs, AFAIK,
all require plain passwords.  There's not much the script author could
do about this, other than using (reversible) encryption, which would
cost a cracker a few extra seconds.

- --
"Social Darwinism: Try to make something idiot-proof,
nature will provide you with a better idiot."

                                -- Michael Holstein
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)