[VIM] Re: IMOEL CMS Sql password discovery (fwd)

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Tue Dec 13 23:24:57 EST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:23:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Steven M. Christey <coley at mitre.org>
To: silversmith at ashiyane.com
Cc: bugtraq at securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: IMOEL CMS Sql password discovery

Hello,

>IMOEL CMS has the weakness to download the plain text sql password in
>the setting.php file
>
>*/*************************************
>$setting['host']['username'] = 'sqlusername';
>$setting['host']['password'] = 'sqlpassword';

>so u can download the setting.php file & view the plain text password

These commands appear within a "<?php >" construct, so on a properly
configuredeb server, I would think that the code would be executed due
to the ".php' extension.  So there would not be any leak to a remote
attacker unless the attacker used some other vulnerability to obtain
the file.

Or is this a concern for multiple users on the same server?  (I don't
know PHP that well so apologies if this is a dumb question.)