[VIM] Dana Epp on responsible disclosure and VDB's

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Tue Aug 23 18:07:04 EDT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Stuart Moore wrote:

> Ah, the view from the comfort of your own blog!

True, but I find Dana to be pretty thoughtful.  In that context, the blog
represents a misunderstanding of the role that VDB's *currently* perform,
and a growing awareness and disillusionment with VDB's.  We know what
challenges we face, but vuln. info consumers either (1) don't know or (2)
don't care.  We're kind of stuck in the middle and someday we might get
squished.

OK, enough prognosticating and pontificating for now ;-)