[ISN] ACSAC in Tucson in Dec. - Registration now open!

InfoSec News isn at c4i.org
Mon Sep 26 00:04:53 EDT 2005

Forwarded from: ACSAC Announcement List <announce-admin at acsac.org>

I'm writing to encourage you to look at the Advance Program for the
Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) at
<http://www.acsac.org/>http://www.acsac.org. I've been involved with
ACSAC for many years. I think that this year's program offers
practical solutions to cyber security problems. The conference is
scheduled for December 5-9, 2005 at the Marriott University Park,
Tucson, Arizona.

We have a new and exciting format this year. On Monday, December 5 we
have a special workshop on Malicious Software (Prevention and Defense)
plus tutorials on application security training, Common Criteria
version 3, trust management, and defense against malicious software.

We have extended the length of the technical program to three full
days to bring new momentum into the conference; we added two more
sessions for peer-reviewed technical papers to accommodate the fact
that we received a record number of high-quality submissions, and we
revised the technical track review-process to ensure that we accept
technical papers with high practical impact. This year we are offering
more choices to attendees, while keeping tried and true features such
as plenary talks, classic papers, works in progress, and panels:

Tuesday-Thursday, December 6-8, we have forty-five peer reviewed
papers on practical computer security; presentations of security case
studies; a new type of session, called 'technology blitz' is designed
to offer rapid-fire introductions to emerging and mature security
technologies and their applications; classic papers on the foundations
of computer security, including David Bell reprising his Bell-LaPadula
model; works in progress -- quick updates on ongoing projects; and
Distinguished Practitioner Brian Snow and Invited Essayist Mary Ellen
Zurko. On Friday, December 9 we have tutorials on analysis of large
scale network data, security policy modeling, securing web service
applications, and mobile security issues.

ACSAC has changed where its web page is hosted. We have to rebuild our
postal and email lists. Even if you have signed up previous, please go
to http:// www.acsac.org/list/ so that you can receive up-to-date
information.  Because we're rebuilding the lists, for a short while,
you may receive more than one message about ACSAC. We apologize for
the inconvenience.

-=-

You can help ACSAC reach people who might benefit from this information.
Feel free to forward this message with a personal note to your friends and
colleagues. They can sign up at the above URL.

ACSAC is sponsored by Applied Computer Security Associates, a
not-for-profit all-volunteer Maryland corporation. Our postal address
is 2906 Covington Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910-1206.