[ISN] Advance Program for the 20th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference

InfoSec News isn at c4i.org
Mon Sep 13 03:43:51 EDT 2004

Forwarded from: ACSAC announce-admin <announce-admin at acsac.org>

The 20th ACSAC Conference Committee is pleased to announce that the
Advance Program for the 20th Annual Computer Security Applications
Conference (ACSAC) is available at our web site at
<http://www.acsac.org/>http://www.acsac.org.

The conference for our 20th year will be held in Tucson, Arizona, USA,
at the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort from 6-10
December 2004.  The Resort provides a comfortable setting - both
indoors and outdoors - for meeting and discussing issues, lessons
learned, and possible solutions with presenters, authors, tutorial
instructors, and other Conference attendees.

This year, the Conference will be providing 6 full-day, pre-conference
tutorials for information security novices as well as experienced
veterans:

   Monday, 6 December:
   - Information System Security Basics
   - Security Risk Assessment Techniques
   - Exploring IEEE 802.11i and Providing Secure Mobility

   Tuesday, 7 December:
   - Security Policy Modeling
   - The Worm and Virus Threats
   - Acquisition and Analysis of Large Scale Network Data.

This year, the Conference will also be hosting two free, pre-conference
workshops:
- Monday, 6 December: Workshop on Security Awareness Programs
- Tuesday, 7 December: Workshop on Trusted Computing

We are pleased to have Steven B. Lipner, Director of Security
Engineering Strategy at Microsoft Corporation, as our 2004
Distinguished Practitioner, and Rebecca Mercuri, a recognized expert
and researcher in the field of electronic voting from the Radcliffe
Institute of Advanced Study at Harvard University, as our 2004 Invited
Essayist. We're sure that their plenary presentations on Wednesday and
Thursday morning, respectively, will be of interest to attendees and
no doubt inspire discussion during the Conference luncheons and the
Thursday evening Conference Dinner.

The ACSAC-20 Program (8 - 10 December) will include presentations of
35 refereed papers, a Classic Papers Session that revisits past issues
that seem to persist today - "A1 is the Answer: What Was the
Question?" and "A Look Back at "Security Problems in the TCP/IP
Protocol Suite," 16 Case Studies, 2 panels, and 1 debate.

Be sure to check out our web site for details not only about the
presentations, workshops, and tutorials but also about the Resort and
early Conference and Resort registration discounts.

http://www.acsac.org