On the Other hand: Re: [ISN] Auditors warn of foreign risks to weapons software

InfoSec News isn at c4i.org
Tue Jun 1 04:35:47 EDT 2004

Forwarded from: matthew patton <pattonme at yahoo.com>

hmm, so what did the NSA do all that time they were evaluating Linux?
They obviously didn't catch a bunch of buffer overflows etc. Do they
catch much of anything in the rest of the operating systems they look
at? Thing is commercial software that is also used in DoD is developed
by overseas coders too. Heck, we have foreign nationals writing code
while living here in the US of A. So where does it stop? Is DoD
software only to be written by uniformed personnel who have undergone
an exhaustive background check, have no foreign contacts and so forth?
I'd hate to see the quality (or even quantity) of software that was
put into such constraints.