[ISN] Gartner: Consumers dissatisfied with online security

InfoSec News isn at c4i.org
Wed Dec 8 02:58:08 EST 2004

Forwarded from: Mark Bernard <mbernard at nbnet.nb.ca>

Dear Associates,

As there any surprises here? I think that we're probably all a little
concerned about online security.  But for those who aren't sure what
to think there is always the option of paying Gartner $17k to have
them tell you what you should be thinking!!

Based on research that I have conducted against the Privacy
Commissioners database of completed investigations over 67% of nearly
three-hundred investigations here in Canada have been conducted
against financial institutions. In contrast 97% of those
investigations have required residual remedies to be developed and
implemented to resolve confirmed issues. Lesson learned, do your home
work up front and avoid productivity issues, federal investigations
and wasting time/money.

Mark E. S. Bernard, CISM, CISSP, PM,
e-mail: Mark.Bernard at TechSecure.ca
Web: http://www.TechSecure.ca
Phone: (506) 325-0444

Leadership Quotes by Edwin H. Friedman: "Leadership can be thought of
as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and
expands a vision of the future."

Information Security Notice:
This e-mail is classified as private and is intended for use by the sender
and recipient "only". Unauthorized access to this e-mail will be dealt with
in accordance to the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms section 7 and
8.