[ISN] Black Hat CFPs now open: Europe and Asia

InfoSec News isn at c4i.org
Wed Dec 1 06:09:33 EST 2004

Forwarded from: Jeff Moss <jmoss at blackhat.com>

Hello ISN,

I've been a bit quiet lately, but with Thanksgiving over I wanted to
announce our latest round of CFPs.

BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS CALL FOR PAPERS EUROPE AND ASIA

The Black Hat Briefings was created to fill the need for computer security
professionals to better understand
the security risks to information infrastructures and computer systems.

What makes Black Hat Briefings different? The speakers. We select the
speakers that are doing unique
research, writing the security tools, or finding the bugs. No vendor
pitches. Just straight talk from people
who are experts in their chosen field of study.  This year our Europe and
Asia shows will be held back-to-back,
potential presenters are invited to submit CFP's to both shows.

If you have original research, new tools, or a fresh perspective on an old
problem, we encourage you to
submit a presentation.  By presenting at the Black Hat Briefings you have
the opportunity to both influence
your peers and to contribute to the advancement of the state of the
art.  We are striving to create a high-end
technical conference and any talk that helps reach this goal will be given
extra attention.

Topics of discussion will include zero day attacks and defenses, deep
knowledge, policy, management, and
the law.  If you have a speech idea you believe is of Black Hat caliber, do
not hesitate to submit it, even if it
does not appear to match an existing track.

If you have never been to a Black Hat event, please check out our past
presentations on-line to get a feel for
what we are looking for:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-multimedia-archives-index.html

Please do not wait to submit.  Presentations are selected and evaluated in
the order received. Full and
detailed explanations are available at:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-05/bh-eu-asia-05-cfp.html

Important Dates
January 15th 2005: Call for Papers closes for Black Hat Europe and Asia
2005. Please submit now
TBD: Early Bird Discount Rate for registration closes
February 15th 2005: Black Hat USA Call for Papers opens
February 16th 2005: Conference & Group discount rates at the Grand Hotel
Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam closes
March 29-20th 2005: Black Hat Europe 2005 Training
March 31st to April 1st 2005: Black Hat Europe 2005 Briefings
April 5-6th 2005: Black Hat Asia 2005 Training
April 7-8th 2005: Black Hat Asia 2005 Briefings
July 24-27th 2005: Black Hat Trainings, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas Nevada, USA
July 28-29th 2005: Black Hat Briefings, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas Nevada, USA